Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. Virginia Satir

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What a Day...

I would love to fill in my title with words like 'good', 'happy', or even 'awful'..but today was just a 'blah' day. Nothing to do, and nowhere that I had to be.  I guess that's good, but some parts of it were awful. On top of that, it's midnight, and my kids both just went to sleep, leaving me really tired, but thankful for a second to myself.

I was going to go to the park today with a friend so that Peyton could play, but the weather was so off and on, I didn't know whether it was going to rain some more, or get any colder. I didn't want to take Ian out in that, with him being so little and everything.

So we hung out at home, played inside and watched some t.v. My dad came over and helped me in my yard, and then me and Peyton ate some spaghetti and garlic bread. Well, I did. He took one look at it and said 'yuck, I'm not touching that stuff'. So, I ate alone, while Peyton yelled from him room, just to be loud, and Ian screamed in the background, for no reason. Peyton likes to always be pushing my buttons, and Ian likes to scream anytime I'm not holding him. I think they have some sort of plan together..to drive mama crazy lol.

Later I stopped over at my grandma and grandpa's just to visit. Sometimes it's nice to get out of the house, even if it's just for a little bit.I checked the ads for coupons, but of course I found none that would be useful to me. I talked to them for a little while while Peyton did some puzzles and my grandma played with Ian. We came home a couple hours later and watched American Idol!

I've been trying to get the boys to fall asleep since about 9:00...and neither of them were having it. I got into an argument with a family member, which is never good. Over something that shouldn't ruin family bonds..I'm sure things will be fine, but it's sad. It hurts me to do that...

Anyway, I've had a 'blah' day, and I'm ready to hit the hay. Going to spend some time with one of my best friends tomorrow..us and my babies. Should be a nice day. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment